Whether you’re giving veganuary a go or simply enjoying a healthy lifestyle, why not try this delicious Bean Feast?
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely grated
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g butter beans, drained
- 2 x 400g red kidney beans, drained
- 2 x 400g cannelloni beans, drained
- 1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 carton passata (tomato purée)
- 1 pack black lentils (ready cooked
- 225g (8 oz) green beans
- Salt and black pepper
- Handful of parsley or coriander, chopped
Heat the rapeseed oil in the AGA cast aluminium casserole and add the onion, garlic and chilli, gently sauté until tender but not coloured. Add the beans, chopped tomatoes, passata and lentils. Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes. Cover with the lid.
2, 3, 4 and 5 oven AGA: Place in the Simmering Oven and cook for 45 minutes.
Prepare the green beans and cut into 2.5cm (1 inch) pieces, cook in boiling salted water until just tender, drain. Remove the casserole from the oven and stir in the hot green beans. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the chopped parsley or coriander and serve.
Conventional and Rayburn cooking: Prepare as above and cook either on the hob or start off on the hob then transfer to the oven set at 150°C, fan oven 130°C, Gas Mark 2.
Dawn Roads, AGA Food Editor.