Put some spice into your week night dinner with this recipe for Enchiladas. These tortilla wraps are rolled around cooked chicken with a tomato and Jalapeno chilli sauce, just the thing for a yummy, comforting meal.
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Black pepper
- Salt, optional
- 50g (1.75 oz) sliced jalapenos, from a jar
- 1 bunch of spring onions, sliced on the diagonal, save a few slices for the garnish
- 5 tortilla wraps
- 450g (1 lb) cooked chicken
- 55g (2 oz) mature cheddar cheese, grated
For the topping
- 25g (1 oz) mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 fresh tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped
Firstly make the sauce by placing the tomatoes into an AGA saucepan with the garlic and seasoning. Cook until bubbling then stir in the sliced Jalapenos and most of the sliced spring onions, remove from the heat.
Place the wraps on the clean work surface. Spread some sauce over each one then top with the chicken and sprinkle with the cheese. Roll up and place in a chef’s or baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese and fresh tomatoes – if you have any sauce left this can be poured over the top too.
2, 3, 4 and 5 Oven AGA: Cook on the oven grid shelf placed on the lowest set of runners in the Roasting Oven for about 20 minutes until hot and bubbling.
Conventional Cooking: Cook at 200C, fan oven 180C, Gas Mark 6 for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbling.
Serve garnished with the remaining sliced spring onions, accompanied by a bowl of sour cream, guacamole and a dressed green salad – or indeed just eat them as they are!
By Dawn Roads
AGA Food Editor