Baking in an AGA is a unique cooking experience. Like a traditional baker’s brick oven, the AGA cooker’s ovens provide all-around, consistent radiant heat, meaning your cakes will be light and fluffy and your bread will rise perfectly.
AGA did some research to collate the best tips and tricks to ensure your AGA baked goodies look perfect and taste delicious.
Here are a few:
- Don’t be afraid to open the door of your AGA to check on food, the heat comes from the sides as well as the base so you won’t lose any when opening the door
- For crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside meringues, start the meringues in the roasting oven. Leave for two minutes before transferring to the warming oven to dry out
- If your cake or biscuits need a little extra taste, try using Dutch Spice Mix ot Speculaaskruiden, it tastes great and adds extra class
- Always use eggs at room temperature, as they are easier to whisk into your mix
- If you’re short on time but want to make quick, fresh bread, try using spelt folou which has a faster rising time.
For more great tips visit the AGA website.